- age (how close their 5th birthday is to September 1 of the current school year)
- social and emotional maturity
- academically prepared for the Primary All-Day Program
- no longer naps in the afternoon
- interest of the student
- has good working cycles
- has reached a degree of independence
Before new students may be considered eligible for the Primary All-Day Program they need a period of time in the classroom in which they can become familiar with the Montessori equipment and classroom. They must also meet the above criteria.